This section defines default values for the various invoice configuration options. When a new client is added, the values entered here are automatically set in the client's account. These settings can be easily changed by editing the client's account. Changing the default settings here will not modify any existing accounts. This configuration is Step 4 of 4: Billing Configuration fo the Welcome Wizard.
Access the Billings Settings Page
- From the Ubersmith Dashboard, Click Settings.
The Settings page appears.
- From the Clients Settings, Billing & Payment section, click Billing.
The Billing Settings page appears.
Complete the General Billing Configuration Section
- In the Generate Daily or Monthly Invoices field, select Monthly to generate invoices monthly or Daily to generate invoice every day. This setting is brand-wide and not passed to your clients when they are first created.
- In the Default Invoice Send Date field, select Use Client Creation Date to send on the same day of the month that the client account was created, or Use Specific Date [number] to select the day of the month you want invoices to be sent.
- In the Invoice due dates determined by field, select Grace Period to set a range of days to receive payment before it is considered late or Static Due Date for invoices to be due on a specific day. Static due dates are only available for clients in a brand using monthly invoicing.
- In the Default Grace Period field, enter the number of days until invoices are due after being sent.
- In the Default Monthly Invoice Due Date field, select the day of the month the monthly invoice is due.
- In the Default Pre-bill Period field, select either Do Not Pre-bill, Pre-bill services up to [number] of days after the invoice is generated, or Pre-bill services up to the due date of the invoice. This field determines if any soon-to-start or renew services are included with the current invoice.
- In the Default Invoice Charge Date field, select either Immediately, After [number] days, or On Invoice Due Date. This controls when Ubersmith automatically processes credit cards or ACH charges for the invoice.
- In the Default Late Fee Schedule field, select a late fee. See Adding Late Fee Schedules to determine which ones are available.
- In the Date Range Display Style field, select the date range style to either have the invoice date display as beginning on the first and ending on the first of the subsequent month or beginning on the first and ending on the last day of the same month.
- In the Default Renewal Date field, select either Do not auto-prorate, Auto-prorate to the [day] of the month to provide a default day of the month that new clients should be configured to use for auto-proration, or Auto-prorate to Client Creation day. This determines how to pro-rate new services immediately upon being added. Note: In order for the auto-prorate functionality to work, there is a setting on the service plan that needs to be enabled. See Adding Service Plans for more information.
In the Prorate to the following month if next renewal is within [number] days field, enter the number to specify a minimum number of days to prorate to the next month. This field enables when a pro-rate choice is made in the previous field.
- In the Automatically Apply Account Credits field, select either Automatically Apply to All Invoices, Automatically Apply to New Invoices, or Do Not Automatically Apply. Credits to be applied to all invoices will be done during the nightly invoicing run.
- In the Process Scheduled/Retried Charges on Disputed Invoices field, select Yes or No. If an invoice is disputed, selecting No will halt processing the payment. See Adding and Managing Billing Disputes.
Complete the Invoice Delivery Section
- In the Available Invoice Delivery Options field, select all appropriate methods to deliver invoices to your clients.
- In the Default Delivery Method field, select None, Email Only, Print Only, or Both Email and Print.
- In the Clients Can Select Invoice Delivery Options field, select Yes to allow your client’s to select how they would like to receive their invoices.
- In the Email copy to Admin when sending invoices field, select Yes to send a copy of the client’s invoice to a user. Selecting Yes enables the Email address field.
- In the Email address to receive invoice copies field, enter the user’s email address to receive the invoice copy.
Complete the Daily Invoicing Task Section
This section checks to see if daily invoicing has completed after a specified time you set.
- In the Send notification email after field, select the time to check if daily invoicing has completed. Never will not check for completion, [minutes] minutes will check the number of minutes you enter, with five being the minimum value, and [hours] hours will check the number of hours , in five-minute increments you enter.
- In the Email address to receive notification field, enter the email address to receive a notification that daily invoicing has not completed. You will also receive a subsequent email when invoices has completed.
Complete the Invoice Logo & Remit To Address Section
You can upload your company’s logo to include on your invoice. Accepted file formats are GIF, JPG and PNG, but JPG is recommended. The default size limit is 2 mb.
- In the Select Title Graphic/Logo field, click Choose File and navigate to the location your logo graphic is saved.
- In the Remit to Address field, enter the address invoice payments are to be mailed.
- In the Invoice Title field, enter the title of your invoice.
Complete the Invoice Note Section
A customized, default credit note displays on invoices in the Notes section.
- In the Invoice Note field, enter the text you want to appear on your invoice.
Complete the Credit Note Section
A customized, default credit note displays on credit notices in the Notes section.
- In the Credit Note field, enter the text you want to appear on your credit notice.
Complete the Disregarding Invoices Section
Disregarding invoices creates an unbalanced accounting report, when there is no credit or payment transaction to balance it out. By default disregarding invoices is disabled. If you have a valid business need for it, you can enable it.
Instead of disregarding invoices, Ubersmith’s recommendation is to issue an account credit for the amount that is being forgiven. You would then apply the credit to the invoice, which is not recorded as money having been received, so your reporting will remain balanced.
- In the Allow staff member to disregard invoices field, select Yes to enable the function.
Save Your Configuration Settings
- Click Update to save your configuration settings.