You can create separate support departments for different support requests such as billing or technical support. Departments exist across brands, so if you create a department, it will be available for every brand.
Accessing the Departments page
- From the Ubersmith Dashboard, click Settings.
The Ubersmith Settings page appears.
- From the Support Settings – General section, click Departments.
The Departments page appears.
Complete the Details Tab
- Click Add New Department.
The Add Department page appears.
- In the Dept Name field, enter your department’s name.
- Select the Make this the default department to set the department as the system default.
- In the Staff Notification Address field, enter the email address to receive all staff notification emails.
- In the Reply Address field, select either default or enter the email address that sends replies for the department. See Configuring Support Email Address Settings for more information.
- In the Only Accept New Tickets from Authorized Contacts field, select Yes to only receive support tickets from active authorized contacts.
- In the Allow Emergency Ticket Submission field, select Yes to accept emergency (911) tickets.
- In the Emergency Notification Address field, select default or enter the email address to receive emergency notification emails. See Configuring Support Email Address Settings for more information.
- In the Unassign closed tickets on client response field, select Yes to remove an assigned user from tickets once the ticket has been closed and the client has responded.
- In the Auto-purge deleted tickets field, enter the number of days to removed deleted tickets from the system when there has been no activity. Set to 0 to disable automatic ticket purging. Changing this to zero from another number can affect performance, if there are a lot of deleted tickets.
- In the Time-Tracking Required field, select none to not track the amount of time a response or comment to a ticket takes, select Replies only to track the amount of time replies to a ticket takes, select Comments only to track the amount of time comments take, or select Replies and Comments to track both the amount of time replies and comments take.
- In the Incoming Ticket Subject Matching field, select Yes if you want to attempt to match ticket responses by subject for the department.
- In the Default Impact field, select the ticket impact to set for all newly submitted tickets.
- In the Auto-assign tickets to account manager field, select Yes to assign all newly submitted tickets to the client’s account manager, which is designated in the User Relationships section in User Preferences.
- In the Admin Response Post Script field, enter text to be appended to the bottom of your ticket replies and follow-ups. Text added here remains in any correspondence sent from the department and can only be removed by deleting the text here, and not by the user. This field is used for adding links to client-satisfaction surveys.
- Click View Variables to display the View Variables: Admin Response Post Script page which lists all the system variables you can use to customize your post script.
Complete the Confirmation Tab
- Click the Confirmation tab.
- In the Send Confirmation field, select Yes to send an automatic confirmation email for new tickets received by email, select No to not send confirmation emails, or select Client Only to send an automatic confirmation email for new ticketed received by email that match an existing client.
- In the Confirmation Template field, enter the body of the text to be the automatic response confirmation email.
- Click View Variables to display the View Variables: Ticket Confirmation page which lists all the system variables you can use to customize your confirmation.
Complete the Ticket Types Tab
- Click the Ticket Types tab.
- In the Applicable column for each ticket type, select Yes for the ticket types that can be included in the department.
- In the Client Selectable column for each ticket type, select Yes for the ticket types that your clients can set on their tickets through the Client Portal. See Adding Ticket Types for more information.
Complete the Ticket List Colors Tab
- Click the Ticket List Colors tab.
- In the Low field, enter the HEX color code for low priority tickets to be displayed in the Support Manager Dashboard.
- In the Normal field, enter the HEX color code for normal priority tickets to be displayed in the Support Manager Dashboard.
- In the High field, enter the HEX color code for high priority tickets to be displayed in the Support Manager Dashboard.
- In the 911 field, enter the HEX color code for emergency priority tickets to be displayed in the Support Manager Dashboard.
- Click the plus to add a Client last responded [minutes] minutes ago row and enter the number of minutes to add colors to for each ticket priority.
Complete the Custom Fields Tab
The fields in this tab will differ based on what custom fields your instance of Ubersmith has configured.
- Click the Custom Fields tab.
- If you have any custom ticket fields set up in your Ubersmith instance, they will display here. See Custom Ticket Fields to configure these options.
- Click Save or Save & New.