Adding clients begins the process of billing for services. You can use Ubersmith's API to add many clients at once, using client.add.
Access the Add New Client page
- From the Ubersmith Dashboard, click Clients.
The Client Manager Dashboard appears.
- From the Client Manager Dashboard, click Add New Client.
The Add New Client page appears.
Complete the Contact Info Tab
- In the First Name field, enter the client’s first name.
- In the Last Name field, enter the client’s last name.
- In the Company field, enter the client’s company.
- In the Country/Territory field, select the country or territory the client’s company resides in.
- In the Address field, enter the client’s address.
- In the City field, enter the client’s city.
- In the State field, select the client’s state.
- In the ZIP Code field, enter the client’s ZIP code.
- In the VAT ID field, enter the client’s value added tax ID number.
- In the Phone field, enter the client’s telephone number.
- In the Fax field, enter the client’s fax number.
- In the Email field, enter the client’s email address, which will be used as the default address for billing and account-related emails.
- In the Salesperson field, select the client’s sales person.
Complete the Login & Password Tab
- Click the Login & Password tab.
- Select the Enable Login field to give the client user access to Ubersmith’s Client Portal.
- In the Login field, enter the client’s login ID.
- In the Password field, enter the client’s password.
- Click the auto generate link to have Ubersmith generate a password.
- In the Confirm Password field, enter the client’s password a second time.
Complete the Billing/Invoicing Tab
- Click the Billing/Invoice tab.
- In the Brand field, select the appropriate brand to list the client under.
- In the Default Discount Level field, enter the discount amount to be applied to any service. You can further customize the amount by selecting percent or dollars. This discount will be applied to any new service added after this field is populated.
- In the Invoice Send Date, select the day of the month to invoice the client. This field displays only if you selected monthly invoicing.
- In the Invoice due dates determined by field, select Grace Period to set a range of days the invoice can be paid before its late or select Static Due Date to set the date the payment is due each month.
- In the Invoice Grace Period field, enter the number of days between when an invoice is generated and when payment is due. This field displays only if you selected Grace Period.
- In the Monthly Invoice Due Date field, enter the day of the month the invoice is due. This field displays only if you selected Static Due Date.
- In the Pre Bill field, select either Do not pre-bill, Pre-bill up to the [number] days after the invoice is generated, or Pre-bill up to the invoice due date. This determines how far ahead the invoice generation will bill for upcoming service starts or renewals.
- In the Invoice Charge Date field, select Immediately to charge the client’s credit card as soon as the invoice is generated, After [number] days to charge the client’s credit card on the date you set, or On Invoice Due Date. This determines when Ubersmith will automatically charge the client’s card after the invoice is generated.
- In the Retry Failed CC Charges Every [number] days field, enter the number of days to retry automated payments after a transaction has failed.
- In the Late Fee Schedule field, select a late fee schedule to charge the client if they do not pay their invoice on time. See Late Fee Schedules in Settings to configure these options.
- In the Invoice Delivery field, select the invoice delivery method. See Clients Billing Settings to configure these options.
- In the Default Renewal Date field, select either Do No Auto-Prorate or the number of days to specify what day of the month new services should be automatically prorated to when created. For example, if you select 1, then add a service on the 10th, it will be auto prorated from February 10th to March 1.
- In the Automatically Apply Account Credits field, select either Automatically Apply to All Invoices, Automatically Apply to New Invoices, or Do Not Automatically Apply.
Complete the Account Info Tab
- Click the Account Info tab.
- In the Business field, select Yes if your client is a business or No if your client is an individual.
- In the Referred By field, enter the name of the person who referred your client.
- In the Default Ticket Priority field, select the priority of any submitted support tickets.
- In the Status field, select Active if the client is a current customer or Lead if the client is only a potential customer.
In the Avatar field, select either Gravatar or Custom Avatar. If you selected Custom Avatar the Choose File field enables. Click Choose File, navigate to the location of your avatar file, and click Open. A 50 x 50 pixel GIF, JPG, or PNG file can be uploaded and used. In order to enable the Avatar field, you must select Admin & Client Interface in the Avatar Settings section on the Support General Settings page. To display client avatars using Gravatar, your client needs to upload a file to gravatar.com, which Ubersmith will pull from.
Complete the Permissions Tab
This tab sets permission for Ubersmith’s Client Portal.
- Click the Permissions tab.
- Expand each appropriate Ubersmith section.
- In the View, Create, Update, and Delete column select the appropriate permission for each system function. Select Allow to let the client view the section, select Inherit to use the previously assigned permission, or select Deny to not allow the client access. See Client, Contact, and Leads Permission Details for more information.
Complete the Custom Fields Tab
- Click the Custom Fields tab.
- If you have any custom client fields set up in your Ubersmith instance, they will display here. See Adding Custom Client Data Fields to configure these options.
- Click Save or Save & New.
- No labels